Mucolytic therapy is indicated in acute and chronic broncho pulmonary diseases associated with abnormal
secretion and impaired mucus transport.
Ambroxol hydrochloride has been shown to increase respiratory tract secretion. It enhances pulmonary surfactant
production and stimulates ciliary activity. These actions result in improved mucus flow and transport (mucociliary clearance). Enhancement of fluid secretion and mucoculiary clearance facilitates expectoration and eases cough.
- Adults and children over 12 years – 10ml 3 times daily
- Children 6 to 12 years -5ml 2 to 3 times daily
- Children 2 to 5 years -2.5ml 3 times daily
- Children under 2years-2.5ml twice daily
- Each 5 ml of mucosolvan 15mg/5ml contains 15mg ambroxol hydrochloride.
- Excipients; Benzoic acid ,hydroxyethylcellulose ,acesulfame potassium,sorbitol liquid,glycerol 85%,woodberry
aroma ,vanilla aroma and purified water.
- Immune system disorders and skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders-anaphylactic shock ,angiodema
- Nervous system disorders -dysgeusia (changed taste)
- Gastrointestinal disorders andcrespiratory ,mediastinal and thoracic disorders ; Nausea ,vomiting ,diarrhoea,
dyspepsia,abdominal pain.oral and pharyngeal hypoaesthesia,dry mouth and dry throat.
For additional information, please read the leaflet in the packaging.