You may have heard it all before: Smoking is linked with-
- Lung cancer, but it can also cause many other cancers (including but not limited to cancer of the mouth,oesophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a collective term for a group of conditions that block airflow and make breathing more difficult, such as (emphysema and chronic bronchitis). Smoking accounts for about 80% of cases of COPD.
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease, such as artherosclerosis (narrowing and hardening of arteries) and thrombosis (blood clots, that can cause strokes)
- Worsening of Asthma
- Fertility problems (in both men and women)
- a higher incidence of macular degeneration (leading to gradual loss of eyesight)
- increased risk of gum disease and mouth ulcers, bad breath and teeth falling out!
We know it’s hard to quit smoking. It takes up to five attempts to succeed (It is after all addictive). So let’s help you quit by providing you with advice and Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Or talk to your doctor about Bupropion, a prescription drug that is licensed to help with smoking cessation.
Stopping smoking is the single most important step you can take to improve your health (and that of your family…..don’t forget about passive smoke!)
Medicine Use Reviews
At PharmacyDirect Kenya, we strongly believe that taking your prescribed medicines in the right way is very important to your health. Our team of dedicated pharmacists can go through all your medicines and advise you accordingly.
We will check whether any of your medicines interfere with each other, the best way and time of day to take them, and the side-effects they may be giving you. And all for FREE.
Send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll be happy to help.