You may have heard it all before: Smoking is linked with-
- Lung cancer, but it can also cause many other cancers (including but not limited to cancer of the mouth,oesophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a collective term for a group of conditions that block airflow and make breathing more difficult, such as (emphysema and chronic bronchitis). Smoking accounts for about 80% of cases of COPD.
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease, such as artherosclerosis (narrowing and hardening of arteries) and thrombosis (bloodclots, that can cause strokes)
- Worsening of Asthma
- Fertility problems (in both men and women)
- a higher incidence of macular degeneration (leading to gradual loss of eyesight)
- increased risk of gum disease and mouth ulcers, bad breath and teeth falling out!
We know it’s hard to quit smoking. It takes upto five attempts to succeed (It is after all addictive). So let’s help you quit by providing you with advice and Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Or talk to your doctor about Zyban (Bupropion) and Champix (Varenicline) , two drugs that are licensed to help with smoking cessation.
Stopping smoking is the single most important step you can take to improve your health (and that of your family…..don’t forget about passive smoke!)
Medicine Use Reviews
At PharmacyDirect Kenya, we strongly believe that taking your prescribed medicines in the right way is very important to your health. Our team of dedicated pharmacists can go through all your medicines and advise you accordingly.
We will check whether any of your medicines interfere with each other, the best way and time of day to take them, and the side-effects they may be giving you. And all for FREE.
Send us an SMS (+254 775673333), e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org), or drop to our office with your list of medicines and we’ll be happy to help.
Kenyans in the UK! Send health to your folks!
Money sent to family in Kenya to buy medicines does not often get used for that purpose. With so many needs,healthcare is often not top of the list.
To ensure money you set aside to buy drugs for your kinfolk is used just for that, we\’ll help you in three easy steps…
- Step 1: For items requiring a doctor\’s prescription, make sure that your relative has a valid prescription and can send it to us by post.For urgent prescriptions, a fax or scanned copy of the prescription can be sent to be followed by the original.
- Step 2: Order your relative\’s drugs via pharmacydirectkenya.com. Choose delivery or “Collect from the pharmacy option”.
- Step 3: Pay direct to the PharmacyDirectKenya bank account (UK only, details at check-out).
An e-mail will be sent confirming your payment, and from then on, leave the rest to us.
We will supply the same high quality drugs that you take for granted in the west.
We’ll notify you when your order gets to the recipient. And by making payments in GBP (£) you save on forex charges associated with sending cash. Sending healthcare to family in Kenya has never been easier!
Note: Prescriptions for Prescription-Only Medicines (POM) can only be supplied against a valid doctor’s prescription.
Furthermore, prescriptions for controlled drugs cannot be ordered online; they can only be dispensed inperson at ourpharmacy in Hurlingham, Nairobi.
If your relative in Kenya has problems accessing a doctor, we can arrange for an appointment with an appropriate consultant.This may require the patient to travel to the doctor’s office in Nairobi.
Once the right diagnosis has been obtained, then you can depend on us to provide the prescribed medicines, in a quality beyond reproach.
That is our promise!