Pregnancy Tests – When a woman suspects she is pregnant she might greet the prospect with joy – or panic. If you suspect you might be pregnant, the first thing to do is be sure. We offer both Digital and Standard pregnancy plus tests.
How does the Test work?
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test helps women to pinpoint the most fertile days in their cycle by identifying a sudden surge in Luteinizing Hormone (LH) in the body with a simple urine test. LH is the hormone that triggers the release of an egg from your ovary. This release – ovulation – usually occurs approximately 24 to 36 hours after the LH surge.
Ovulation generally occurs 12 to 16 days before the start of the next period. However, cycle lengths vary from one woman to another and the day of ovulation varies between cycles for many women.
Used each day on the days around the time in your cycle when the LH surge is expected, Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test identifies the best 2 days when you are most likely to conceive. The result is shown on a digital display: a ‘blank circle’ is a ‘No LH Surge’ result; a ‘smiley face’ indicates that the LH surge has been detected.
How can ovulation tests maximize your chances of getting pregnant?
The time when a woman is most fertile is on the day the LH surge is detected and the day after. A woman is most likely to get pregnant if she and her partner make love on these days. Clearblue Digital Ovulation Tests detect this LH surge, and therefore maximize her chances of conceiving.
Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test is very easy to use.
- Remove a Test Stick from its foil wrapper.
- Before applying urine to the Test Stick it must be inserted into the Test Holder.
- Remove the cap and then insert the Test Stick into the Test Holder. The Test Stick and Test Holder are marked with pink arrows that must be aligned to ensure correct insertion. The Test Stick clicks into place when inserted and a ‘Test Ready’ symbol appears on the Test Holder display.
- When the ‘Test Ready’ symbol appears simply hold just the Absorbent Sampler in the urine stream for 5 to 7 seconds. Alternatively, collect a sample of urine in a clean dry container and immerse just the Absorbent Sampler in the collected specimen for 15 seconds.
- Replace the cap and then wipe off any excess urine.
- Keep the Absorbent Sampler pointing downwards or lay the Test flat.
- After 20 to 40 seconds, the ‘Test Ready’ symbol will flash to show that the Test is working.
- Within 3 minutes, the Display will show your result. A ‘blank circle’ symbolises a ‘No LH Surge’ result or a ‘smiley face’ indicating that the LH surge has been detected. Therefore you should make love at anytime during the next 48 hours to maximise your chances of becoming pregnant.Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test is the most effective ovulation test in telling you your best 2 days to conceive naturally. More women obtain the same result as a laboratory professional when reading Clearblue Digital Ovulation Test than when reading other ovulation tests.If the test result is a ‘blank circle’, indicating a ‘No LH Surge’ result, test again tomorrow at the same time using a new Test Stick.
- A ‘smiley face’, showing that the Test has detected the LH surge, means there is no need to test again this cycle. Making love any time in the next 48 hours will maximize your chances of becoming pregnant.