Claritin is used to treat sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, hives, skin rash, itching, and other cold or allergy symptoms. Claritin is also used to treat skin hives and itching in people with chronic skin reactions
Clarityne tablet contains 10 mg loratadine (micronized). Loratadine is a long-acting tricyclic antihistamine with selective peripheral H1-receptor antagonistic activity. Loratadine does not readily cross the blood-brain barrier. Clarityne tablet are indicated for the relief of the symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis and chronic urticaria. This medication is an antihistamine that treats symptoms such as itching runny nose watery eyes and sneezing from “hay fever” and other allergies. It is also used to relieve itching from hives. Loratadine does not prevent hives or prevent/treat a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis).
- It’s usual to take loratadine once a day.
- Loratadine is classed as a non-drowsy antihistamine, but some people still find it makes them feel slightly sleepy.
- Children may also have a headache and feel tired or nervous after taking loratadine.
- It’s best not to drink alcohol while you’re taking loratadine as it can make you feel sleepy.
- Loratadine is also called by the brand names Clarityn Allergy and Clarityn Rapide Allergy.
When to take it
You may only need to take loratadine on a day you have symptoms, for instance if you’ve been exposed to a trigger such as animal hair. Or you may need to take it regularly to prevent symptoms, such as hay fever during spring and summer.
There are no reviews yet.