Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash contains povidone iodine which kills a wide range of germs including bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores and simple organisms. Betadine Gargle and Mouthwash is used for the treatment of acute infections of the lining of the mouth and throat, for example, inflammation of the gums (gingivitis) and mouth ulcers. For cleansing the mouth (oral hygiene) before, during and after dental and mouth surgery.
How to Use
- Pour BETADINE Gargle & Mouthwash into the cup. Dilute with an equal amount of warm water if taste is an issue.
- Swish part of the solution briefly in the mouth and spit it out.
- Tilt your head backwards and gargle for a total of 30 seconds via swirling the liquid at the throat.
- Spit out the solution. Repeat every 2-4 hours or as directed by your physician/dentist or pharmacist
Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.