Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray is for application in the nose to give relief from:
• nasal congestion (blocked nose, including colds)
• perennial and allergic rhinitis (recurring inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, including hay fever)
• sinusitis. Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
A nasal spray is often the first choice for mild congestion due to allergies and colds. A saline nasal spray is drug-free and is generally safe.
1. Clear your nose.
2. Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into a nostril (see diagram).
3. Squeeze the bottle once and sniff at the same time.
4. Remove the nozzle before releasing the pressure on the bottle.
5. Repeat for the other nostril. To avoid possible spread of infection, this pack should only be used by one person.
For reasons of hygiene do not use this bottle for more than 28 days after opening it.